Every parking space will be digitalized – that’s our client’s mission. Every physical barrier will be replaced with modern computer vision technology, paper-based receipts with big touch screen terminals, your smartphone, and cloud microservices. It’s their goal to integrate every parking lot into the digital mobility ecosystem of the current generation and offer a range of secondary services to make better use of the limited parking capacities. They already run over 500 edge devices in three different countries that handle thousands of parking and payment transactions per hour. For the further development of their distributed, node.js based backend services on AWS they are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer.
- Brand new Office in Munich equipped with wide-curved screens and standing/moving desks.
- Team culture is highly important: that’s why they are happy if you come to the office at least 2 days a week.
- Trust is the basis of good cooperation: 40h/week fulltime, flexible schedule, they trust your abilities and give you the freedom to manage your own work schedule
- They believe in you and your potential. Diverse opportunities and freedom for professional development are standard.
- Being part of developing a legendary product and a mix of exciting and challenging projects.
- Good performance requires good equipment – that’s why you get a MacBook or ThinkPad and 37 inch curved screen
- Your meals will be taken care of: Daily meal allowance (free team lunch once a week), free drinks, fruit, coffee, snacks, and more.
- Regular team events, unbeatable BBQs on the terrace with the 360 City and Alps view.
- Your health is important, this is why you get a Urban Sports Club membership, a company pension scheme and 28 days’ holiday per year.
- A fair salary is also a form of appreciation.
- Work on an amazing product with b2b and b2c aspects at the intersection of mobility and property technology
- Develop and enhance the backend, serving as the operating system for car parking
- Contribute to the improvement of the CI pipelines for both backend and IoT deployments
- Improve the monitoring system for the services with Datadog
- Assist in scaling up the systems for managing thousands of parking lots
- Shape the engineering culture by employing modern software engineering practices, focusing on writing clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Continuously deploy code into production
- Technical Supervisor: with your experience and skills, you can create a framework for other Juniors to work on.
- At least 4 years of experience working as a Backend Developer
- You’re a pro working with TypeScript
- Experience in real production projects with high throughput
- Knowledge working with backend frameworks such as Node.js, Nest.js & Fastify
- You like working in (small) teams and believe in agile software development
- Curious about new technologies and you like sharing your knowledge
- Great written and spoken English Skills. German language Skills are not required
These technologies appeal to you:
- Backend in Python and NestJS
- Frontend monorepo with Turbo, pnpm, changesets, and storybook, primarily using Vue.js
- Amazon RDS, DynamoDB and S3 for data persistence.
- Kubernetes for container orchestration and GitLab CI/CD.
- Infrastructure on AWS provisioned using Terraform.
Nice to have:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer
Do you want to take part in developing this legendary product? You like working in a small team with highly skilled developers?
Then send us your CV now and we will give you all further information & insights about the company and the position in a short phone call!